Saturday, January 18, 2014

DIY Valentines

 So I've been seeing these super cute Valentine cards all over Pinterest the past few days, and I knew I had to give some to my 3 year old class! Here's what they look like:
I believe someone is selling them on Etsy, but I decided I could do it myself and save a few bucks. Hope you enjoy the tutorial!


Supplies you'll need:
• Kraft colored notecards
• Googly eyes 
• A heart punch (or awesome heart-cutting skills)
• Paint chips (you could use any type of paper, but hey! Paint chips are free, right?)
• Scissors
• Glue

So to start off, I took one of these plain, kraft cards.

And I cut it on the fold so that I had two papers.
If you want, you can leave it like this. I, however, wanted them smaller, so I cut them in half again.
Now you're ready to start punching! I used two hearts and stacked them on top of each other and then glued them.
I glued the hearts in the center of the paper, then one googly eye above the heart. I chose to free hand the word "you" at the bottom, but I think stencils or letter stickers would look great! Again, here's the finished product!
Hope you enjoyed, and happy crafting!

Beth
 

No comments:

Post a Comment